Entête de page
Christmas of sharing
The Sharing Village
As every year, the City of Strasbourg supports voluntary organizations by giving them a space within the Christmas market. This tradition allows a moment of sharing, listening, and also discovering the organizations to:
- find out more about their missions and values,
- meet those who promote solidarity now and in the future,
- contribute to their action through the products sold in the chalets,
- keep up the spirit of solidarity during the festive period.
Come and discover nearly 90 voluntary organizations that will be present this year: embark on a journey alongside them, rediscover the traditions of Alsace and appreciate the fragrant spices that will warm the hearts of those who are left out in the cold. It is an opportunity to buy souvenirs, crafts and culinary specialties made specifically for the occasion to benefit charitable projects.
The organizations present:
- 17 solidarity and charitable organizations that promote access to basic needs and social integration
- 39 humanitarian aid or international sponsorship organizations
- 15 organizations that support vulnerable people and their families affected by illness, disability, etc.
- 5 organizations fighting against all forms of discrimination
- 5 service clubs
- 3 people’s education and citizen participation organizations
- 2 human rights advocacy organizations
- 3 animal welfare organizations
Follow the Village du Partage on Facebook to find out more about their actions and their news.
10th Starry Soup of the Humanis group
The 2022 edition of the Starry Soup marks the return of four chefs who have already participated in past editions. Once again, these four starred chefs from Alsace offer you four soups with seasonal tastes and colors. There is something for everyone:
- Velouté des sous-bois au Riesling et croûtons aux épices From Alexis ALBRECHT, restaurant “Au Vieux Couvent” in Rhinau
- Velouté vichyssois From Marc HAEBERLIN, restaurant “l’Auberge de l’Ill” in Illhaeusern
- Velouté Crécy à l’orange et aux épices From Eric WESTERMANN, restaurant “Buerehiesel” in Strasbourg
- Velouté de potimarron au parmesan From Pascal BASTIAN, restaurant “Auberge du Cheval Blanc” in Lembach
When you buy a gourmet soup, you support the charitable projects initiated by the Humanis group, such as its rehabilitation project. In 10 years, the Starry Soup operation has generated much enthusiasm, generosity and dedication. Come and join it!
Soup can be purchased from November 21 at Place des Halles in Strasbourg, Halles du Scilt and Ordidocaz in Schiltigheim, and from November 25 at the Sharing Village, Place Kléber.
Mannele for solidarity
Come and share a giant mannele on December 6 from 5 p.m. at the foot of the Great Christmas Tree. Throughout the week, you can buy mannele for solidarity from the chalets of the Sharing Village.
The traditional Christmas Eve event
Experience Christmas Together invites you to the traditional event of the organizations in the group.
Come and experience this moment of sharing and conviviality around an aperitif on December 24 from 5:15 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Place Kléber.
A program of meetings and animations
from Thursday 16 to Sunday 19 December in the rooms of the Aubette 1928, place Kléber.
International Volunteer Day
Put your reusable cup in one of the 10 bins provided and thus make a €1 donation to a charity. The principle is simple:
- Buy your reusable cup for €1.
- Enjoy your mulled wine or warm apple juice.
- Put your reusable cup in the designated bin.
- The money collected will be donated to a charity.
Come and pose with Santa and take away a souvenir photo. Kiwanis will donate all the proceeds to charity. Every day from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the traditional Christkindelsmärik.