Entête de page
Back After Christmas in Germany
After Christmas in GermanyPublished on 25 December 2023
Strasbourg, the Christmas Capital, is a magical city that comes alive during the festive season. But the spirit of Christmas doesn't stop at the walls of Strasbourg: it takes hold of the whole region, all the way to the other side of the Rhine. Just as charming as our Alsatian markets, the German markets are well worth a visit, and are extending the festive period into January to offer you something to liven up your winter holidays.
Winter holidays in the Black Forest :
- The magnificent illuminations in the Valley of 1000 Lights can be seen until 6 January 2024
- The charming Ettlinger market, or Sternlesmarkt, is open until 28 December
- The Pforzheim medieval market is open until 30 December 2023
- At the heart of the Baden-Baden Christmas Market is open until 6 January 2024
- The Emmendingen fairytale Christmas market is until 7 January 2024
For more information, visit theBlack Forest Tourist Office.
Winter holidays in Ortenau :
- You can admire the Gengenbach Advent calendarthe largest in the world, until 7 January 2024
- Still in Gengenbach, the event «ART IST IM ADVENT» and his atmospheric works are decorating the Biegarten at the Mercyschen Hof until 6 January.
- The Hademar Advent Village in Oberharmersbachdedicated to families and children, is open until 7 January 2024.
- In Ottenhöfen, families and children can solve the riddles of the Christmas rally until 7 January 2024 (document "Mühlendorf-Rallye mit Wandermaus Willi" to be found on the website in the information for children section).
More information on the Ortenau Tourist Office website..