Entête de page
How to access the Christmas Market
In order to guarantee you a carefree stay, the city of Strasbourg has taken various security measures. Here are some tips for getting to the „Grande Île“ during the Christmas Market.
How to access the historical city centre „Grande Île“
On foot, by bicycle or by public transport
- The Strasbourg Grande-Île will be completely pedestrianised, with 24/7 pedestrian and bicycle access
- Some tram stops in the city centre will not be served from 23 November to 24 December:
- Broglie - not served
- Homme de fer - only served outside the opening hours of the Christmas Market
- Langstross Grand’Rue - only served outside the opening hours of the Christmas Market
- Alt Winmärik - only served outside the opening hours of the Christmas Market
If you’re travelling to Strasbourg by car, we recommend using the park-and-ride facilities. All car parks in the Grande-Île district are closed.
More information about car parking and traffic in Strasbourg during the Christmas market..
Some tips to enjoy the Christmas Market safely
- Accept and anticipate security checks at the various entry points into the city carried out in order to guarantee the safety of all. Do not carry dangerous objects like knives, weapons, etc.;
- Do not leave your luggage unattended (suitcases, bags, shopping bags, shopping carts, etc.);
- If you witness suspicious activity or behaviour, please call the police at 17;
- Protect yourself against pickpockets by paying particular attention to your personal belongings;
- For cyclists, preferably follow the materialized routes on the ground in the city centre and put your foot on the ground when passing through the security checkpoints;
- Preferably use public transport and "Park-and-Ride" (P+R) if you are getting to Strasbourg by car. P+R allows you and your passengers (maximum 7 people) to get to the city centre with a group ticket that covers parking charges and a return trip by bus and/or tram;
- Respect road signs, especially in terms of parking on the outskirts of the Christmas Market area.