Entête de page
Back Local et durable : les magasins de jouets à Strasbourg
Local and sustainable: toy shops in StrasbourgPublished on 9 November 2022
If you want to give the kids a treat, you can’t beat a toy shop !
You’ll find a wide range of independent and local toy shops in Strasbourg, along with others selling responsible, French-made toys.
Authentic toys for kids of all ages
- Le Bilboquet, is a toy shop in rue de la Lanterne in Strasbourg, which opened over 30 years ago and offers toys and gifts for kids of all ages. The richly decorated store features French-made toys crafted with selected materials and works in partnership with Strasbourg-based artists. Christmas is a great time to experience its magical atmosphere!
- French toy retailer Bonhomme de Bois has opened a new store in Strasbourg in rue du 22 Novembre on a site previously occupied by a long-established arms shop. The new store, with its brightly coloured exterior, offers gifts for kids, from infants to 10-year-olds.
- La Bouquinette is a specialised kids bookshop, which opened in 1977 in rue des Juifs. It also sells games and organises children’s activities, including storytelling, author book signings and crafts workshops.
Responsible and socially-committed concept stores
- Terre d’Ours is a concept store at 8 rue du Bouclier in the Petite France district. The shop sells a range of authentic, top-quality cuddly toys and teddies, dolls and baby gifts. The shop’s promise is offering environmentally friendly, craft-made cuddly toys, made with sustainable materials.
- Joy Concept is a unisex shop for kids in Strasbourg, to be found at 46 rue du Jeu des Enfants. It offers a wide range of responsible books, clothing, and toys in a unisex, gender-free environment to help children escape from stereotypes.
The board-game specialists
- Board-game specialist Philibert has two shops in Strasbourg, one at 12 rue de la Grange and the other (Philibert des Petits) at 10 Place Kléber. The retailer’s catalogue includes board games, role-playing, classic, card and tabletop games. 2019 saw the opening of the Philibar, a games bar designed for customers to find out about the latest games, while enjoying a drink and a snack.
- Neudorf recently saw the opening of a new board-game shop, Des étoiles plein les jeux, offering a huge choice of games, organised by age category. You’ll find it at 8 rue de la Thumenau, and it’s open Wednesdays to Saturdays from 10:30 AM to 6:30 PM.
Used and second-hand toy shops
There’s many a bargain to be found in Strasbourg’s second-hand toy shops. The Eurometropolis of Strasbourg has signed an agreement with the Fédération de la Charité, whose offshoot, Carijou, runs a job integration scheme in its solidarity toy shop in Rue du Faubourg National. The store has a range of toys on sale, mainly for people with low resources.
Toys can also be bought at Strasbourg’s Christmas market and at the parallel OFF market. You’ll find all the sustainable toys you need to fill Father Christmas’s sack this year!